I often hear my fellow Americans say “the free world” in reference to refer to the United States or call the POTUS the “leader of the free world”. I wonder if they ever consider what “free world” actually means, or if they do, if they ever ponder how jaundiced and atrophied a definition “free world” must have to be applied to the current state of our country.
In my estimation, a “free world”, and certainly the epicenter of such a free world does not have:
- A massive internal surveillance system spying on it’s citizens.
- The largest, most dangerous prison system in the world.
- The largest percentage of it’s population incarcerated in said prison system of any country on Earth.
- Highly militarized borders with enormous border zones within which the Constitution no longer applies.
- Regressive and restrictive immigration policies denying people the right to movement.
So what do you think, do Americans live in the “Free World”?